photo Bloglovin_zpsec009169.png  photo Twitter_zps746db242.png  photo Instagram_zps529e528b.png  photo Pinterest_zps16698b9b.png

Tips to prevent/manage hayfever without medication


Like many of us, I suffer from terrible hayfever... Where possible I try & avoid taking pharmaceuticals & I'm always on the look out for natural & cruelty free remedies.

Did you know: 20% of the UK suffer from hayfever, which is the higest rate within Europe.
&&&
Alcoholic drinks can worsen hayfever. Beer, wine & other spirits contain histamine — the chemical that sets off allergy symptoms in the body.

Here are my tips to prevent & manage hayfever without medication:

Rub a small amount of lip/body balm inside your lower nostrils
This can help prevent pollen from entering your nasal passages
Try to stay indoors when the pollen count is high (over 50)
Wear wraparound sunglasses to stop pollen getting in your eyes when you are outdoors
Change your clothes and take a shower after being outdoors to remove the pollen on your body
Avoid cutting grass, playing or walking in grassy areas & camping
If possible, avoid drying clothes outside
This will help prevent bringing pollen into your house
Keep car windows closed
You can buy a pollen filter for the air vents in your car
This will need to be changed every time the car is serviced
Don't smoke or let other people smoke in your house. Smoking & breathing in other people's
smoke will irritate the lining of your nose, eyes, throat & airways & can make your symptoms worse
Damp dust regularly
Dusting with a wet cloth, rather than a dry one, will collect the
dust & stop any pollen from being spread around
Vacuum regularly
Don't keep fresh flowers in the house
Keep windows and doors shut in the house
If it gets too warm, draw the curtains to keep out the sun & keep the temperature down

Do you have any tips to prevent the pesky pollen?

2 comments:

  1. Great post, I suffer from hayfever as well and my eyes swell up and go so red-I look like I've been punched or something worse!

    Tanesha x
    www.tanesha-marie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to be of help! If you have any tips of your own, feel free to share! xx

      Delete

Thank you for reading my blog & taking the time to comment!

Be sure to leave your link(s) so I can check out your blog(s)

You can also, follow me on twitter @pixee_pea